Neurodiversity refers to the recognition and acceptance of neurological differences, such as autism, ADHD, and dyslexia, as natural variations of the human brain. It emphasizes the value of diverse cognitive abilities and promotes inclusivity and understanding for individuals with neurological conditions.
Join us for this informative event delivered by the North East Autism Society, for an open, informal discussion about neurodiversity.
The event will cover:
Learn more about autism and neurodiversity
· Terminology – what language should be used, and why?
· What are neurodivergent conditions?
· Dispelling some of the myths
Improving your recruitment successes:
· Learn how to recruit from an often over-looked talent pool
· Learn alternative ways of filling your vacancies
Making your workplace a place to thrive:
· Learn about reasonable adjustments
· Learn how to retain neurodivergent (and other) employees
Ward Hadaway’s specialist team will also take us through the employment implications and how we make sure we comply with the Equality Act.
We will be hosted at Ward Hadaway’s fantastic quayside location offices, right on the river Tyne for this lunchtime HR event.
12:00 – Arrival, networking, and buffet lunch
12:30 – AMF introduction
12:40 – John & Rachel from North East Autism Society
13:15 – Ward Hadaway Employment Team
13:40 – Open Q&A
14:00 – Close
Parking is available on the day. Once registered, we will need to record your car registration for entry to the car park.