This event is held entirely online. Access detials will be provided from the host, upon registration.
Wed | Jun 09 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
PEOPLE AND SKILLS NETWORK (NORTH EAST) ON RESKILLING
Research conducted by the CBI before the pandemic found that 90% of the UK’s workforce will need to learn new skills by 2030. COVID-19 has created an even more challenging labour market, putting reskilling high on the political agenda.
Business and government need to increase investment in training to level up opportunity across the country and boost our international competitiveness. The government’s new ‘Skills for Jobs’ white paper, which aims to match local provision with skills needs on the ground and develop new and more flexible forms of learning, is a positive start. But more is needed.
The aim of this session is to understand how UK businesses and education providers are planning for and building strategies for reskilling in their organisations and local areas.
In this session we would like to explore the following questions with members:
- What do you consider to be your current employee skills gaps?
- What barriers do you encounter when trying to access the skills and talent you need?
- Are you planning for or do you already have a reskilling strategy, whether this is to fill current skills gaps or to provide training for your employees to meet future changes and challenges?
- What kind of training courses and content will the UK need to reskill the nation?
- How do you think government policies are helping or hindering reskilling efforts?
YOU’LL PARTICULARLY BENEFIT FROM THIS EVENT IF YOU ARE A:
- Chief of People
- Head of HR
- HR Director
- Director of People / Talent
- Diversity and Inclusion Lead
Subscribe To View Zone(s)