This event is held entirely online. Access detials will be provided from the host, upon registration.
Wed | May 26 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Volunteering and Employment – VCSE responses in Gateshead and Newcastle
The third of Connected Voice’s Networking Events for Spring 2021, bringing together the VCSE of Newcastle and Gateshead
About this event
Connected Voice brings together the voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations serving North East England with the third of our Spring 2021 Networking Events.
In accordance with COVID-19 restrictions, we’re delivering this event by Zoom.
In advance of Volunteers Week 2021, this time we’re focusing on the variety of ways that volunteering opportunities and routes into employment are reflected in the work of the local VCSE. We’ll be looking at how these have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown restrictions here in the North-East, and the opportunities and challenges for the future.
Introduced by our Chief Executive Lisa Goodwin, and hosted by Connected Voice trustee Paula Park – Director of Finance with Newcastle University Students’ Union , we have put together a brilliant range of speakers, including:
- Woven Nest Theatre – with a preview of their multi-sensory film ‘Mariana’s song’ for use with people with dementia and
- Robin Fry – CE of North Tyneside VODA – Sharing his own personal journey of volunteering into employment
- Nasrin Ahmadi and Roxane Antoniadu of JET – Their work supporting people from ethnic minorities in Newcastle into Jobs, Employment, and Training.
- Karen Watson – Volunteer Centre Newcastle – how it works, and how local VCSE organisations can make best use of its services.
- Ian Wolstenholme – CE of Age UK Gateshead – How volunteering has been transformed over the last year, and the challenges and opportunities for the future.
- Rob Jackson – thinking differently about volunteering in order to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
- An update from Connected Voice Support and Development about our work to support volunteering, and changes to the Our Gateshead website.
- Workshops with very practical outcomes for your own organisation.
- An opportunity for you to contribute to a quickfire round of organisations who will have two minutes to share what they’re doing.
Follow us on Twitter @ConnectedVoice_ #FutureOfVolunteering NE
Note: Connected Voice is the voluntary sector infrastructure support organisation for Newcastle and Gateshead in the North-East of England. Free places at this event will be prioritised for VCSE organisations serving this part of our region. Registrations from outside our area, and our sector, may therefore be declined.
Non Membersprices start from
Subscribe To View Zone(s)